Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Zentangle: Ixorus Challenge

This week's challenge was to use the tangle entitled "Ixorus" somewhere in our Zentangle. On Sunday I created a few tangles for my Bible Study Journal cover that where mainly different Christian Icons. With those still fresh on my mind, I had to incorporate the crown of thorns.

I like the way it turned out. My outer strokes are a bit different than the original pattern. I didn't realize this until after completing. Mainly because I do these without looking directly at the tangles. I commit the inspiration and process to memory, then do what comes naturally to me from there on.



Join the fun....iamthedivaczt

11 comments:

Phine said...

I appreciate taking tangles into specific context.
Your thorne crown is amazing! It reminds me of mandalas… And yes, I think this crown is a mandala.

Laura McDowell said...

You know, I never really made the connection that this is mandalaish. I do love mandala's. I have only made one very very simple one.

Lois Heinani Stokes said...

Whispering gratitude for your inspired work

i am the diva said...

this is stunning.

Joni said...

I love your mixing the crown of thorne in with the zentangle, it makes it so much more meaningful and satisfying. I'd love to see what you did for your journal cover too! You do beautiful work.

EVA said...

It turned out lovely! I also really like the stars on the side.

Daniele OBrien Design, CZT said...

I really enjoy this piece, great contrast. It feels like a celebration, hooray!

stART said...

Thank you for including your inspiration for the tangle execution. The meaning is so much dearer this way. I really like it.

Unknown said...

I like how you incorporated Crown of Thorns and Ixorus...very nice!

Kathy said...

It's beautiful.... will have to check out this thorne pattern now too..

Kit @ Dreamscribe said...

Fantastic combination. I ♥ it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...