Friday, January 14, 2011

Resolution Problem Resolved

Instead of making resolutions this year, I decided I would make a one word theme of "Progress". This led to the Mantra of: Do this More; Do that Less; Don't Do that; Do this Better: More or Less Do Better!
 
Of course we all know that you can't have progress without a little planning. Or at-least a way to jot down challenges and celebrations. This is where my Progress book comes in. This is the place that I plan on writing down goals, ideas, and of course celebrations.


Meet Lishy

On a side note, the 7-N-11 goes along with the Fly Lady's mantra this year of 7 in 11...Doing things in 7's in 2011. Originally I created this book as a "list book". In keeping with the 7 in 11 idea I came up with a topic for each of the 7 days:

Sunday- Soul Searchin' Sunday
   This day I give to The Lord...Prayers, Blessings, and Opportunities
Monday: Menu Monday 
    Planning the menu for the following week.
Tuesday: To-Do Tuesday
    Big to-do life lists, kinda like bucket lists...if that makes sense?
Wednesday- Work Wednesday
    The Short and Long term business plans
Thursday- Thumpin' Thursdays
    The things that I want to do, and need to do. Like the big home projects.
Friday- Finance Fridays
    Ugg....budget, and goals listing
Saturday- Series Saturday
   All things that come in a series: movies; books; art and crafts (both by others and that I want to do)

I still plan on having my lists in this, but I'm not going to pigeon hole the little guy into that specific of a use. If I did that, I'd have to have 10 to 12 of these little things for different uses with me all the time. Progress should be simple, not more complicated.

So this little guy will be my planner/list keeper/idea jotter/etc.  How is that for general?


Inspiration credits for the ideas in this post:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...