Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pay it Forward: Handmade 2011 Facebook Status

Did you or any of your friends post a Facebook status at the beginning of the year stating:
Pay It Forward 2011. I promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who comment here. They in turn, must repost this on their status and send to their first 5 “commenters”. The rules are simple: it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your 5 friends in 2011

Well, I did. Sounds like fun, right? I decided to make it just a bit more fun. So here is what I did.

Step 1: Message the 5 recipients with these questions:

Favorite color
Favorite animal
Favorite flower

Shoe Size
hat size
ring size

Living room colors
Bathroom Colors
Bedroom Colors

Not that everything I am making will need all this info...but I needed some of it, and some was to throw them off course :)

Step 2:  Pick your poison..

I posted the image below on Facebook, tagging the recipients. With these instructions:

Here is the deal...My Handmade recipients get to pick from discarded items that I will then turn into handmade gifts. (You know the 5 that commented on the status about a week ago)

*For those that can't see image:
A: Beer bottle cap
B: Cap'n crunch box (small)
C: Natural Light bottle box (empty)
D: Discarded T-shirts
E: A tin can

*Rule: Choice goes in order of the original comments.


Now we wait for the responses, so that I can start to work on them :)

Bonus: I will send a completed item to 1 random person that comments on this post between now and 11:59pm (CST) January 22, 2011. So get to commenting and sharing :)

Oh, and I need a way to contact you...so link to your e-mail or website that has contact option would be great. Oops, one more thing...offer available to US only.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...