Tuesday, May 01, 2007

EDM Challenge #117- Draw Something Round

























This is a representation of a pot holder that my husband's grandma has. I love the play of words. It is a "round tuit", perfect for the procrastinator who has a habit of saying, "Oh, I'll do it when I get around to it...". Obviously, his grandma has a round to it, so no more excuses for putting things off. Of course anyone that has met her would have a hard time believing that she has said that a day in her life!

I did have to use some creative liberties on it. For it has been over a year and a half since we have been able to visit her. I did call my husband, at work, and he seems to think it is brown and orange. He did say not to quote him on that, though....oops ;-).

__________________________________________________________________

Quote Break: Compliments of Quote Garden
Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. ~William James
Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. ~Don Marquis
If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it. ~Olin Miller
Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week. ~Spanish Proverb

4 comments:

biteyourowntail said...

Ha ha - used to have one of these when I was growing up. Nicely done, with lovely colours

Laura McDowell said...

Sarah...

Thank you...To date her's is the only one I have seen. I have teased my hubby that I need one, but I don't think I want to give up my chance for putting things off quite yet..hee hee.

BTW-YOU're Fast ;-)

Anonymous said...

This is so wonderfully done. From a huge procrastinator.

Laura McDowell said...

Sherie...(aka phthaloblu)...

Thank you so much. I admire your work so much, and I appreciate your support.

It was surprising to me how difficult watercolor "quilting" would be. I am going to have to do more, it was so fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...