Saturday, April 28, 2007

Art Supplies-Priceless!


























Ok..so in the mists of poking fun at my supplies. Yet making a statement about the way us artists (I'm using the term "us" loosely ;-) get hung up on our supplies' brand/quality. I happened to, quite purposefully, get a plug in for my Yahoo group...Bad Spellers Anonomys . Yeah, that's it...
If your wondering what I am talking about....Look at the "Not Worrying About the Medium" again.
If you noticed, and didn't comment...Thank you!
If you didn't notice, then you are invited to join Bad Spellers Anonomys ...LOL!
It took my Mother-in-law to point it out. Thank you L.A.;-)

___________________________________________________________________
Quote Break: Compliments of Quote Garden
  • The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard, The Note Book, 1927



  • Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life. ~Sophia Loren



  • It was when I found out I could make mistakes that I knew I was on to something. ~Ornette Coleman


  • I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones. ~John Peel

  • Never say, "oops." Always say, "Ah, interesting." ~Author Unknown

11 comments:

caseytoussaint said...

eautifully done!

caseytoussaint said...

oops that was "beautifully done..."

Laura McDowell said...

LOL...No problem, typo's no biggie...I, however am the president of "Bad Spellers Anonomys"(Literally!) LOL...

* http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aeiou_y/ *

Thank you for taking a peak...This little project is very dear to my heart, being raised very poor. One learns to be resourceful.

Jenny said...

You're doing this the easy way! All you need for the drawings is pencil and/or pen and paper. The crayons are great for adding some color. Now you don't have to worry about which medium nor have to learn to handle a different medium.

Your initial investment is wonderful. *lol*

Enjoy the challenges!

Natalie Ford said...

Ooooo I remember those pencils from when I was a kid! I wonder if we can still get them in the UK anywhere. Can you remind me what they are called? Popper pencils rings a bell but I may be totally mistaken. I remember having graphite ones as well as ones with different coloured 'lead' cartridges that you cold rotate to get a colour. Another easy/portable colour option, if I can find them...

Laura McDowell said...

Jenny...

"Easy"?!?...LOL, We will see how easy it is to create professional looking drawings with crayons (Only the three primary, at that)...This could be fun!

Laura McDowell said...

Natalie...

I'm not sure what they are called. I was thinking ever-sharp pencils.

I know that they have made a big comeback here. The elementary schools sell them as emergency supplies. I have even seen a pack of the tip refills.

I have had a hard time finding on the internet for you. I got mine on sale for $3.99 for 20 count. They are $4.19 now...still a good deal.

laserone_ said...

Very cute! This is wonderful! :)

biteyourowntail said...

Some of the most astonishing, wonderful drawings I have seen were made in automatic pencil or ball point on paper bags and other 'scraps'(British artist, Rachel Goodyear). It's easy to get hung up on materials, but like you say, if you keep waiting, you never start! So I think this is an excellent idea, myself. And I have found if I use cheap paper and materials to begin experimenting, I don't care if I make a mess.

Laura McDowell said...

Laserone...

Thank you, I feel a bit like a MasterCard (or whatever) copycat, but that's OK>..right ;-?

Laura McDowell said...

Sarah...

Thank you for the insite...I guess I never thought about the fear of making a mistake with the good stuff. Maybe that's why I haven't purchased them. I have had the opportunity, and passed. That really makes sense, thank you.

I looked up Rachel Goodyear, amazing stuff! It's all about the statement, the content...not the medium for her. Thank you for sharing. If my crayon use brought her to your thoughts, well I take that as a great compliment :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...