Sunday, June 12, 2016

Mandala Class

So I explained how I left my full-time job to teach classes. I decided the first class should be something simple that creates something that looks complicated. Basically my way of displaying to the students that anyone, and everyone can draw.

I came up with the idea to just have them repeat letters to form mandala's. I tried this on my own and it actually worked.

The mandala to the left is what the words, "Aim For the Stars" ended up looking like.

Happy with the outcome I thought a mock-class at a friends home. It turned out to be so much fun. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures from that class.


"Aim For The Stars" 


On to real class time. The first class I had 2 girls from my mock-class take the actual paid class. The next couple of locations I didn't have any students yet. Thursday my best friend brought a friend and we had a blast.
We didn't get finished completely, but they had a great start for an hour class. The top one is for her son's wedding, the Groom and Brides name. The bottom one made one of her sister's name. It amazes me at how just letters can turn into such amazing (and very different) pieces of art. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...