Tuesday, August 08, 2006

EDM Challenge #78- Draw a Souvenir


EDM CHALLENGE #78
Originally uploaded by Mommy Bee.

The challenge...Draw a souvenir of a place you have been. Journal a bit about that place.

The Souvenir (s)...A glass from the St. Louis Zoo and my Lewis and Clark Journal.

The memory?

Zoo- I remember when I was around nine my mom and dad started dating again, (they were divorced when I was 5). My dad lived up in the St. Louis area, so we went to the Zoo "as a family"...Dad, Mom, Mark (my brother), and I. This is the only memory I have of us all being together. That fall, Dad met Linda my stepmother, to this day.

Journaling with Louis and Clark- This was a wonderful program put on by the state of Missouri, where you go to eight different sights in the state, and learn something new about the 1804-1806 expedition. Then you write or draw about it in the journal provided by the state. We intended to fill up the book, but with car troubles this year, we only made it to two of the locations. Unfortunately the program was over in May. But that doesn't mean we can't still visit those places and journal on our own :-)



7 comments:

Lin said...

Nicely done!!! And terrific memory and journal writing!

Clare said...

Welcome Linda,I think you will enjoy playing with edm'ers, This challenge is a fabulous start, your drawing and journaling make interesting viewing.

Anonymous said...

That journaling adventure sounds like a good activity for a family ... and a perfect memory for your own journal.

Linda said...

What a great program with the Lewis and Clark journal. It sounds like something fun you could do anytime! I really like this entry! :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice sketch and great story! The great thing about homeschooling; everything is a learning experience and it can be done when you want to. Sound like a really fun road trip to me! Awhile ago we watched the L&C documentary on the history channel and we wanted to go and do a hiking trip there over the summer. But, well, my hubby has to work, ya know! lol! It would've been nice to do the tourist thing, but finances got tight that year. Maybe one day we will experience it. Thanks for the memory.

Laura McDowell said...

phthaloblu...

It really was...Of course my favorite L&C spot is the Confluence Point...Where the Missouri and Mississippi rivers meet. It is now a State park with information and hiking. I will have to blog about it some time.

Believe me, we are blessed to have this stuff in our back yard :-) I don't home-school anymore. My husbands schedule was one of the many obstacles we had ;-). But we still do this stuff any chance we get.

Laura McDowell said...

Lin, Clare, Karen, and Linda...

Thank you ladies so much for your positive, and uplifting comments.

You are all so talented, and the thought that you liked my work is so motivating.

I feel so horrible that it took me so long to comment back...That won't happen again ;-).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...